Updated publication date to reflect actual time of writing. Posted much later on 6/24/2022. Also lightly edited to remove a redundant paragraph from the original. Note that as of this posting, the video is still live and accessible.
- What led to the officer pulling his weapon - The clip starts when it’s already reached that point.
- The outcome - the clip ends with the officer still at the driver’s door, which is still open (the driver appears to be closing it).
- If that guy had been black, he’d be dead. I’ve said it a million times when seeing footage of the outrageous behavior of armed white people in public places.
- You know that guy has at LEAST one gun in that truck. It was a big dude, with a big attitude, in a HUGE truck, apparently in Washington state (or so said some of the comments). I imagined the bed of that truck was no stranger to deer carcasses - which I'm not against, but again, "weapon visible in the car" is a pretty common determinant of outcome in these situations.
- How can anyone see this and still dispute white privilege? See points 1 and 2.